Now no marketers are behind from using video as a part of the marketing strategy. According to B2B marketers, video marketing has the fullest use of social media and 79% marketers agree that video positively impacts marketing ROI. Video marketing is increasingly becoming the first choice as a marketing medium in a record-breaking pace.
Video marketing is one of the powerful tools to capture interest. It has an inherent ability to advertise a brand story or important messaging in an engaging way that evokes interest. No other media has ever been proved more vital for a company’s growth like video. Our research team has analyzed how video is dominating the millennials and modern society, sharing the result with you.
Social Media Video Statistcs
Marketers get 86% of growth by their videos from social media. Regarding video consumption, Facebook and Instagram are leading. Most of all the top companies have active on Facebook and Instagram pages and upload their content to the sites which bring an incredible number of views and engagements. Comparing to 2016 in Q1, 2017 likes and sharings have been increased almost 70%. Research have highlighted the fact that along with increased video publishing, the number of likes, comments, and shares have also been hiking year after year.
As per Forbes’ report, 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites. 65% of executives visit the main website after viewing a video. 90% watch advertisement videos, and they find video helpful in doing shopping and buying decisions. 75% watch comedy videos and nearly similar percent watch news and sports videos (approx 39-40% combining the both). 30% love to watch music videos.
Gaming videos are at 4th position for men and 5th position for women.
Irrespective of gender, a video is watched by 65% men and women every day. Videos on entertainment, music, and work related are the top genres. Men are more likely to watch videos on technology or science, sports, news, comedy gaming or related to their work profile. Music videos are mostly viewed by the young guys; whose income is within $35 -$40K/year.
Videos on education, fashion & style, film, pet/animals are most popular among women.
Going with the statistics of 100 hours of video uploaded every minute, after YouTube (YouTube is definitely the king of online video hosting platform) there are tons of paid and free video hosting platforms available. But few are highly esteemed with reputation and high quality content- naming them as:
- Sprout Video
By Rate of Conversion
As per Hubspot:
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in a decision process.
- 36% online consumers trust video ads.
- 80% of users can recall a video ad even after 30 days of watching.
You will be amazed by the current fact trends –
- More that 12 billion videos are watched on Snapchat every day
- Over 10 billion videos are watched on Facebook every day
- Millenials spend approx 100 million hours watching videos every day.
- 80% viewers watch videos on blog/people of the total ad campaign, the online video makes up 37% of it.
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound.
- Viewers retain 95% of video message compared to 10% than a text message.
- The average user spends 73% more time on a website that has a video on the landing page.
- Right now more than 50% B2B companies are using videos for business, and it is expected to increase up to 90% by next year.
Does this collection of online video statistic appear compelling to you? Armed with this information you can plan to tap your target audience accordingly. Our experience tells that, to keep your audience engage more and more in your business, your video must have the taste of humor, inspiration and brief but worthy lesson.
If you are yet to venture in business video, we would love to extend our support.