Sometime you must be thinking why people are so crazy about infographic! Actually graphics are adorned by society. The numerous use of graphic designs in the corporate sectors or anywhere has brought them the success and has made them popular. So, people are interested to know the facts about graphic designs. Here are a few of them:
1. Know Peretz Rosenbaum? He was the person behind the IBM logo, the old UPS logo, and many other corporate identities. Not agree? Don’t be surprised; Peretz Rosenbaum is the birthname of Paul Rand.
2. Designing logo comes under graphic design which influences business and marketing. By using signature colors in their logos Starbucks, Coca-Cola and UPS has become what they are today.
3. Brand graphic is the most valuable asset for any business.
4. Designers like Paul Rand, Brian Reed, Milton Glaser, Stefan Sagmeister, David Carson are a few to name who has become famous.
5. There are several types of graphic designs like infographics, logo design, web designs, signage, social media graphics, Powerpoint Presentation design for the businesses and the corporates, and many more custom designs to mention.
6. Creative typography is also come under graphic design.
7. To become a graphic designer, one do not need a 5 year degree form the university. The most important thing that a designer should have is “power of imagination and visualization”.
8. Graphic design is the most suitable opportunity for self-employment. You are the person who likes to work with yourself, without governed by any superior authority, being a freelancer graphic designer is the best option for you. You can enjoy your work and freedom too!
9. Graphic design is a passionate carrier path. Graphic design is an art that comes from mind. So any one looking for a creative carrier, become a graphic designer is the right selection for them.
10. Helvetica font was introduced to the world in the 20th century and soon it became one of the most used fonts.
11. The job opportunities in graphic design field are expected to be increase in large amount in 2018.
12. The term ‘Graphic Design’ was first coined the by William Addison Dwiggins in 1922.
13. It is also a truth that all graphic designers do not make good money. Graphic design is a very competitive field to work in and one may take several years to make good hold and reach to the desired level.
14.Graphic Design sharing platform is a platform for sharing the inspiring, shocking, passionate, brilliant, revolutionary, carefully crafted and relatively young history of contemporary time.
Here are some quotes from the famous designers –
“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works”
An American businessman
“Design can be art. Design can be aesthetic. Design is so simple, that’s why it is so complicated”
An American graphic designer
“Everything is designed. Few things are designed well”
A front-end developer, musician, and self declared ‘ghostbuster’.
“Design is not for philosophy, its for life”
A Japanese fashion designer known for technology driven designs and exhibitions.
We should give the respect of “celebrities” to the graphic designers as they have stupendous contribution to make the society and the social media what it is today.
These are just some of the many interesting facts about the history of graphic design. If you are a designer, you’ll definitely find a new lease of inspiration with the colorful graphic design history.
25 11 1