We all know that love is important for our life, but very few realize that love is important too for our work as well.
Yes, Love is not determined by with whom you are or what you do, then it might lose its significance. Spending hours for a job to make it perfect, leaving all other enjoyment aside shows your love and respect for your work and work place.
To achieve a certain goal, only ‘hard work’ is not enough, your desirability for the outcome is necessary.
We spend almost 9 to 10 hours at our work place, and we feel at home at the place surrounded by co-workers and customers. For the whole day, most of us enjoy working together along with having some fun or some serious notes. Work environment also effects our family and friends.
Do you remember the day you joined first? The starting of your performance management- someone had taught you what to do and how to do. By now he/she might be your best friend! So, don’t you think you have changed? Yes, you must be.
To be happy in life and worth your time and energy that you are giving to your current job, you should feel positive about your job. Your job takes an extensive amount of time that affects your mental health either in the positive or negative way. However, often there are circumstances (it may be monetary requirements or any other social challenges) when you are forced to adapt a particular job or workplace despite getting annoyed. As per Bloomberg people start hating their jobs from the age of 35. So, let’s explore what make you love your job (irrespective of your age and job style) and the company too.
- The more general fact is that 70% of people mostly spend their a day’s time in the work place. This is the time when your productivity is counted, your colleagues and co-workers judge you, your behavioral performance is measured. So, if you do not feel positive or enthusiastic about your job, it may, at a certain point of time stop your career growth.
- Going every day to work place is not like ‘going to vacation.’ In the work place, you are slogged with ‘to dos’ up to neck where your likings /dislikings hardly matter . . . . . . . Do some makeup with your mind set and start enjoying and continue your job. Be social with your work place friends, this will make your job easier and sustainable. Interaction is a part of being loved, what will bring you care and flexibility when you needed.
- Understand yourself. Know what makes you happy. Be realistic and remind yourself every time that every day is not same, make out a bit of time and find what particular job makes you happy. Network with others and spread your passion among them, this will make you a long lasting relationship with the co workers and the company too. If you want to draw the attention of the leaders, know their passion and try to reach it.
- Do not limit yourself, take challenges. Handling challenges will motivate you to work, and gradually you will start loving them. Also, you will learn more and would be able to think out of the box. This practice will impart positive vibe in you and believe me this will be a ‘reward’ to yourself.
- You are the controller of your job. Declutter your additional responsibilities. Whether it is your home or your workplace, it is wise to distribute your load if you feel overloaded. Care about your work and involve your team mates to minimize your stress.
- Take small breaks and spend some time in discussion or gossiping. This will give you an air of fun and freshness. Grow your relation with the leaders and execute your projects flawlessly over time. But remember, although it might be fun for a while, you should not entertain any negative gossip which may destroy your morale.
There are many reasons that people do not like their jobs, but if one can overcome those reasons; enjoy their work and give their 100% to achieve their goal.
If you are broken or frustrated with your current profile, give it a thought. Quitting the job is not a solution. Whether you agree or not- no one can guarantee that in the next job you’re not going to face the new set of challenges again which may make your life more miserable. Better you should focus on the root of your disliking and make a solution out. If needed, talk to your Boss, request him for a profile change (if possible). Changing of the role may bring you good performance and lead you to promotion!
If you are stressed due to your work place, you may be prone to illness. And as per the doctors, chronic stress can develop the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, or other conditions like high blood pressure, insulin resistance, central obesity. So, if you love your family and limit the effect the job dissatisfaction on your loved ones, understand your job and perform well.
It is advisable to take a little bit care while selecting a job. Though many get less chance to choose their (and bound to do what they have been offered) job, should build up a good relationship with their mentor and try to acquire the skills and be excel. Instead of making complaints, try to sort out the odds. Use mental checks whether the assigned job requires more talent or skill set than that you have acquired over the time. Bringing new zeal to your work pattern will break the monotony and vent you up with confidence.
If you are starting with an all new industry, try and identify what you know about the industry and what are the things of the industry that you like or do not like. It would help you to understand the reason of your disliking better, and how you can overcome it. If necessary discuss it with your colleague and minimize the awful situation around you. Also, do the same thing to your colleague- help them with your knowledge of different workplace for any particular project or wherever needed. Your this positive attitude will create a pleasing atmosphere for you in the work place.
So stop being miserable at work. Along with daily duties, enjoy the company of your co-workers and treat your work place as your ‘Second Home.”