According to psychologist Albert Mehrabian, 93% of all our day to day communication is nonverbal. Secondly, the non-verbal elements are particularly important for communicating feelings and attitude, especially when they are incongruent: if words disagree with the tone of voice and nonverbal behaviour, people tend to believe the tonality and nonverbal behaviour.
Hence, marketers tend to adapt “content marketing” to enhance their marketing strategy. Visual content marketing is more successful than any other form of communication. Marketers who are yet to embrace visual content in their marketing planning, need an immediate restructure of their strategy. A survey on the graphic design agencies reports that their 59% order is from the corporate houses for branding and promotion purpose. From the beginning of 2016 till 2017 current time, marketing with visual content has been increased up to 35%.
Human, being the visual learner, it is obvious that visual content engages them more than text only contents. Let’s review how visual contents are sensitive and beneficial for marketing:
Simple words aren’t enough to make customers understand and feel the effect of any product. A compelling visual content (like brochure or banner) contributes a lot to inspire and energise the customers to make their mind to consume the product or the service.
Did you know –
- Visual content helps more to grab targeted audience’s’ attention
- Millions of visual contents are being posted every day
- Visual content includes videos, infographics, social media graphics, blog graphics, banner, flyer, brochure etc,
- Brain decodes visual content blocks 70 times faster than plain text form
- Visual content generates more views and shares of the posts
- Visual content brings inbound links.
- Visual content helps to increase subscribers and followers
- Understanding power gets more effective with visual content
- Visual content influence human emotion
- Video as visual content is more preferred
- Visual content generates 65% more social engagement
- Visitors stay for longer period if they found visual content on the website
2016 has witnessed the importance of visual content emphasised by the changes that occurred across almost every major social network, including Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter. Videos have become a powerful tool for brands looking to communicate more easily with their consumers.
According to HubSpot survey, 43% of consumers wanted to see more video content. Infographics as well shared on social media 3X more than other any other type of content. So if you are set to plan your next content project, you must keep room for creating more captivating visual content for your audience.