Most of us are aware of that infographics are the best thing to express your thoughts in the visually appealing manner. As our brain processes visuals 80% faster than text, infographics serve the purpose to reach the audience. But have you ever thought about how bad infographics can affect your business?
A bad infographic can let down all your hard work and money that you had set up for a good reputation. Let’s check out the causes of an unsuccessful infographic, and it’s results –
1. Copy design ideas from others. You may like the graphic type and style of others. But the same style may not suit your product or service type. Graphic style varies depending on what the information you are distributing. If the design is not proper as per the requirement, all your investment (money, time, and goodwill) will be in vain.
2. Wrong color selection. It is incredibly important for a business to get their name recognized. So take care while selecting colors for the infographic. Any color that is not relevant to your brand limit the use of it. Unnecessary use of loud colors will hurt the eyes, and it will restrict your viewers to visit and follow you.
3. Misleading or downright data presented through an infographic is a great mistake. It will spread a massive negative impression to the customers. Generating traffic with false promise will break customers’ faith and will result in brand damage.
4. Need to use space brilliantly. Maximum data presented in small space will destroy the visual pleasure. Or if you have too much blank space in the infographic, it will give a give a sense of triviality. If you have much data, make the size greater for your graphic accordingly. Or re-write the visual content as per the allotted space.
5. Data should not be outdated. It is recommended not to share information that are more than 12 months old. Compromising with data quality will reduce your readership which ultimately hit the business and reputation.
6. Another important thing for the infographic design is consistency. Putting data here and there in a scattered manner will create a disruption in the flow of information design. And thus it would spoil the visual regularity and will create an unpleasant impression in the reader’s mind.
7. Inclusion of no message in the business infographics is not a good idea. While going through an infographic, customers have a mindset that they will get the gist of the topic. The absence of this gist or message will disappoint them. And it may come to their mind that the infographic actually does not have any purpose, but just make to show on the company website. This may appear crucial to the image of any business.
8. It is better to create the infographics with interesting topics. If facts and stats are not impressive, viewers will not fill like to go through the same. Information like audit report, board meeting minutes, etc. presented through infographic are good for the internal purpose. Putting them always on the website, people (who are not linked with the internal matters) may find it boring, and that is not desired from the business perspective.
The business infographics are the face of the brand. So low fidelity design will screw up the brand value. When it comes to branding, design can impact the appearance, atmosphere, functionality, message, and more that a company wants to convey. Don’t watch the slow death of your brand. Take a look at your customers’ thought and emotions towards your business while creating an infographic. If feel necessary do a market research and overcome these issues. Advise your design team accordingly to create a meaningful and effective infographic for your brand.